We are looking for an experienced and versatile Data Engineer to join our dynamic and fast-growing team. If you are passionate about data and solving complex problems, this role could be the perfect fit for you!
- Working with our stakeholders to develop end to end Cloud based solutions with heavy focus on applications and data, with a strong understanding of cloud infrastructure.
- Work in lock-step with BI Engineers, Data scientists, ML scientists, Business analysts, Product Managers and other stakeholders across the organization.
- Deliver highly reliable software and data pipelines using Software Engineering best practices, including automation, version control, continuous integration/ delivery, proper testing, and security.
- Take over large portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of data insights and system architecture.
- A commitment to teamwork and excellent business and interpersonal skills are essential.
- You will be an essential part of our growing analytics and data insights team, and be responsible for our technological and architectural vision.
The ideal Candidate:
- Has a minimum of 3 years experience and hands on practical experience in data integration, engineering and technological analytics.
- Has a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics Related Discipline
- Has worked on cloud data warehouses such as Snowflake or BigQuery.
- Is proficient in SQL, Python, Snowflake, and distributed source control such as GIT in an Agile- Scrum environment. (Airflow and DBT experience is a plus)
- Is passionate about data and the insights that large amounts of data sets can provide
- Has a strong understanding of dimensional modelling and data warehousing methodologies.
- Can identify ways to improve data quality And reliability.
- Can use data to discover different tasks for automation.
- Is aligned with the latest data trends and ways to simplify data insights.
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience within the retail industry is a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be given. This role is fully remote within India.
We celebrate diversity, embrace a data-driven culture, and deeply encourage professional development through classes, certifications, and conferences. The exchange of sharing knowledge and growth with each other, our clients, and partners is a foundation we live by. We are looking for an enthusiastic data engineer intern who is enrolled in a full-time program in Engineering Computer Science or a similar field.
- Write and maintain SQL and python code.
- Create and manage database tables, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Collaborate with the Software development team to build and test the designed solutions.
- Assist in designing automated data control processes.
- Assist the team in working with our stakeholders to develop end-to-end Cloud-based solutions.
- The candidate should be capable of supporting business analysts, product developers, manufacturing engineers, and data scientists by developing and maintaining automated data pipelines that unifies the data acquired from multiple sources.
- Help in developing strategies for data acquisition and usability.
- Enrolled in Data science, computer science, or other quantitative degrees.
- Well versed with Python, SQL programming, and other data manipulation tools to develop, construct, test, and maintain databases and big data processing systems in support of analytics and applications.
- Assist in implementing data movement and transformations in the context of automated data pipelines and support pipeline operations.
- Assisting data scientists in engineering and model deployment.
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming styles.
- Design and develop LookML models, explore, Dashboards, and workflows in the Looker platform.
- Implement persistent derived tables, caching policies, version control, and assess code quality, utilize SQL Runner for data validation.
- Build, maintain and administer Looker as the primary BI tool and be the driving force behind the adoption and effective use of Looker within every team.
- Investigate, improve and optimize query performance for improved user experience.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders to design and adopt processes that elevate data integrity and facilitate self-help analytics and proper data governance.
- Build and lead impactful and KPI-centric relationships with cross-functional team members.
- Help create and maintain coding standards (style guides, etc.) and perform code reviews for other BI developers or technical analysts.
- At least 3+ years of experience developing within Looker
- Excellent SQL skills and advanced proficiency in LookML
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast-moving environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Looker Development: coding LookML, setting up Explores, Reports and Dashboards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent technical knowledge and experience.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Experience working on projects from feature definition to project deployment through the development lifecycle.
- Experience informing and assisting peers and other business stakeholders on various business initiatives.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices (code style guides, linting, pull request reviews, GitHub branch/merge processes, etc.)
- Understanding of development processes and agile methodologies.
- Experience within retail, eCommerce, and/or fintech.
- Data Warehousing (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query, Azure)
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Experience with Snowflake.